Before your vasectomy
How to Prepare for Your Vasectomy?
Have you ever thought about having a vasectomy? It is one of the most effective methods to prevent fatherhood. Vasectomies can be done in a number of different ways, but the most common is through an injection into the scrotum.
Before getting a vasectomy, there are certain things you need to do in order to make sure the procedure goes as smoothly as possible. Here are six steps that will help make your vasectomy as successful as possible:
- Shower and shave or trim your hair close to the skin. This minimises the amount of hair that needs to be removed during surgery.
- Wear supportive underwear. Putting something between your skin and the instruments used during surgery helps protect you from potential pain and injury.
- Remember to eat! A light breakfast before surgery is best, since eating right after procedures can lead to nausea and vomiting.
- Bring your Medicare card with you to the hospital so that treatment costs can be explained in detail (most hospitals have adopted this policy).
- Prepare to take 36 hours off of work or school; this will help reduce post-operative discomfort and allow for better healing rates. For more, continue watching the “Before Your Vasectomy” video below.
Vasectomies are generally regarded as safe when performed by experienced physicians under proper conditions and using approved methods, but always consult with your doctor before undergoing surgery!
Here at Queensland Vasectomy, we offer world-class vasectomy care for Brisbane and Queensland men. Dr. Sheehan takes appointments at his clinic in Brisbane Monday through Friday, or sometimes on a Saturday morning by prior arrangement. Dr. Sheehan is a Brisbane native who specialises solely in vasectomies, providing the procedure every day of the week as well as some Saturdays each month. He has successfully performed more than 8000 vasectomies.
If you need more information about vasectomy and how long it will take for your sperm count to return to zero after having your operation done by Queensland Vasectomy, then please contact us today at (07) 3180 1505.